Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Rarities - The Patron Saints of Could've Been

In the mid-nineties Bart Mendoza wrote a short play/song cycle about the band, Big Star. While it remains un-issued, one song did escape the vaults - the lead track, "The Patron Saints of Could've Been." From Facebook: Here is a song I wrote back in the nineties for a play about the band Big Star, as recorded by a band I was in circa the mid 2000's, The Rarities. This is a true collaborative effort pieced together and produced by Jeff Berkley, who also turns in stellar lead work, alongside myself (vocals, acoustic guitar), Dylan Martinez (bass), Danny Cress (drums), Derek Duplessie (12-string guitar) and Cathryn Beeks (vocals) with pre-production from Gregory Page. When I get into a band, it's an obsession and Big Star got me through a good portion of the 80's. The images are from the Staring at the Sun compilation album series, where this song was included on Volume 1."


No comments:

Post a Comment