Monday, August 3, 2026

R.I.P. Jeff Conolly of Lyres, DMZ

From Bart Mendoza's Facebook page: "R.I.P. Jeff Conolly of Lyres, DMZ and endless garage rock classics. I got to know Jeff during his visits to San Diego, and when he lived here for a time in the late 1980's, he regularly sat in with Manual Scan, including a live version of "Hanky Panky" that can be found on our "Plan of Action" album. A major talent, a heck of a songwriter, he will be missed.

Thinking about Jeff Conolly today and all those incredible shows over the years. I found a couple of random photos from New Sounds Fest at Montezuma Hall / SDSU on September 16, 1989. The first one is low quality but it's a favorite because of the layers, Jeff on the left, band member TBD on the right, Dimitri Callian behind him and in the center, I'm talking to Carl Rusk. The second photo is Jeff with Manual Scan at Montezuma Hall. Thanks for everything Jeff."


No comments:

Post a Comment